The Farther He Runs (Kick #3) by Lynda Aicher

I have been waiting for Finn's story since I read about his accident in The Harder He Falls and I have to say that it was well worth the wait....Finn and Tanner are perfect together! Tanner has returned home after an eighteen month deployment to a barrage of emails and texts from Rig (a partner at KICK) letting him know that Finn and Chris have been in a serious accident that left Chris dead and Finn in a coma. (This happened several months ago and now Finn is out of his coma and on his long road to recovery) so Tanner heads directly to Finn's house to see with his own eyes how the man he has secretly loved for years is really doing.

The Farther He Runs (Kick #3)by Lynda Aicher

Chris, Finn, and Tanner were as tight as brothers forming a family of their own that was accepting of everything, from each of them being gay to the fact that Tanner was part Korean (and was constantly the butt of racist jokes by other Marines). They did everything together while they served, so now that one of them was gone and Finn was seriously injured Tanner knew that he had to convey his love for Finn once and for all. Believe me when I say that this was not an easy task for him, growing up with the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy firmly in place with his family that were deep in the Military he never spoke about his preferences, although Finn and Chris knew that he preferred men.

The Farther He Runs (Kick #3)by Lynda Aicher

This story was hard to read at times, I actually had to put it down and walk away for a little bit, it was heartbreaking one moment and heartwarming the next. I am really, really, really enjoying this series and I cannot wait for the next book! If you haven't read any of the series they can each be read as a standalone but to get the full impact of all the men I would suggest reading the entire series starting with book 1 (The Harder He Falls).

***I have received this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept through netgalley in exchange for my honest review*** https://www.netgalley.com/

Professional reader net galleyTop Reviewer100 Book Reviews80% net galley